Field Trip Friday: Houston Center for Photography
Houston Center for Photography located in The Museum District is dedicated to the art and education of photography. Stop by to enjoy their changing exhibitions, photography library, or ask about the range of classes they offer. If you are new to photography, or have been taking photos for years they have something that will interest you. Using photography based activities HCP gives to their community through Picture This! and the Flash Drive mobile classroom helping children at Texas Children's Hospital cultivate their imagination.
If you are in need of some inspiration, or a way to spend a little free time stop by The John Clearly Library nestled in the back of the HCP building. With shelves of books and magazines dedicated to photography, computers, comfy chairs, and a big table to spread out on there will be something to perk your fancy.
Social Hook Up
- Houston Center for Photography's official website.
- W-Th: 11am-9pm F: 11am-5pm S-Sun: 11am-7pm. 1441 W. Alabama. 77006.
- Keep up to date with upcoming classes and event on their Facebook page.
- Follow HCP on Twitter for their simple and sweet latest news.
- You know their Instagram has got to be a good one!